Wednesday, April 1, 2015

week 12: Diverse Position Science Fiction


I read "I Live With You" by Carol Emshwiller. I felt that this was one the most horrifying short stories.I thought the lack of resolution at the end was creepy. Basically, the story is about a being that lives with a human and tries to make life better.The narrator pretty much creeps on the life of a female girl. It's weird because the female girl does not even recognize its existence. 

My first assumption of this "being" was that it was a ghost; however this "thing" does human things like eating. It's creepier knowing that it is a human thing that was using the female person's house stuff. The female noticed and felt like something was living with her. The story ends with the narrator never being revealed. I think this really makes the story a lot more spookier. 



This was such an interesting short story and I felt that it was well written. I can see how it's considered to be a diverse position science fiction. In some ways, I feel like this could be considered sci-fi. With the unidentified being, you could argue that it was an alien, especially since the narrator/being is never fully identified. 

No comments:

Post a Comment